Business Development Manager
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration, and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
About the Job
Opal is seeking a Business Development Manager to focus on strategic partner management. You will have a deep understanding of the enterprise marketing function and its complex challenges faced in today’s evolving landscape. Working closely with the Business Development Director and teaming with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success, this role will play an important part in executing Opal’s GTM strategy.
- Support the growth and development of the Opal Partner Program across technology and platform partners
- Grow existing partnerships with an emphasis on enterprise use cases and scalability
- Develop strategies and business plans with partners and execute against objectives and milestones to drive growth and revenue
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product to develop and act on comprehensive partner GTM plans
- Support partner deal processes through relationship management, cross-functional collaboration, and insightful analyses and recommendations
- Provide partner insights to Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to support Opal’s GTM strategy and maximize benefit for Opal and its partners
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in business development, partner management, or product management driving customer and revenue growth, preferably in B2B software or SaaS environments
- Demonstrated experience of successful partner GTM execution and management
- Skilled at negotiating agreements with business and procurement stakeholders
- Passion for opening up new markets and keen navigation in a quickly growing industry
- Creative, inquisitive, and curious approach to engaging with current and prospective partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Time-zone flexible for meetings, and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers, partners, and attend Opal events
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for a Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.