At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
About the Job
As a Customer Education and Content Specialist at Opal, you’ll join an empathetic, professional and helpful team of adult educators, who have a heart for the customer and the Customer Success Managers (CSM) they work alongside. You will own the delivery of training to new customers and support CSM’s in strategic efforts during pivotal times with users and stakeholders. Additionally, you will help create self-serve education materials for our Learning Center (LMS) and Help Center.
- Deliver engaging and interactive Instructor Led Training (ILT) experiences to our customers onsite and online
- Develop various types of training curriculum for self-serve education
- Collaborate with internal teams to plan and develop assets
- Actively use the Opal platform at an expert level of knowledge and advocate its usability on behalf of all users.
- Build trusting relationships with Opal Customer Success Managers who rely on you for working expert knowledge of the platform
- Communicate the health and usability of the platform back to support.
- Travel domestically (and some international) approximately 25% of the time for customer training
- Exhibit a growth mindset; be proactive and entrepreneurial
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in ILT (instructor led training) environment and/or in instructional design, instructional technology, or learning management systems
- 2+ years experience with the enterprise SaaS industry
- Experience in the creation of self serve education materials
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, including presenting in-person and remotely to 50+ people
- Comfort with Keynote, GoToTraining, Google Docs, and Slack
- A training style that is engaging, authentic, and polished
- Proven results in delivering outstanding training that results in customer adoption
- Flexibility in travel schedules and timelines dependent on customer demand
- A passion for learning, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Experience with Pendo, Sketch, Photoshop Audacity, ScreenFlow, Final Cut X, Premiere
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.