Director of Product Marketing
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to orchestrate campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
About the Job
Opal is hiring a Director of Product Marketing to build and drive our product marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Marketing leader with experience building, scaling, and executing a successful SaaS / enterprise technology product marketing strategy, managing and leading a team of smart and entrepreneurial individuals, and working closely with Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Executives.
This is a leadership position in our organization which guides and executes the Opal vision and delivers on strategy by prioritizing and owning product marketing activities and the measurement methods and reporting processes associated with them.
We understand that it takes more than a piece of software to support our customer's ever-increasing investment in marketing - it takes an experience. That is why Opal focuses on creating an intuitive product that speaks directly to the needs expressed by Opal’s customer base. Our Product Team maintains a product roadmap that balances customer voice, market understanding, and innovation to delight the end user. Opal’s omni-channel platform is changing the way marketing interacts with technology.
- Build and drive product marketing strategy, initiatives, plans, budget, and campaigns.
- Leverage market research, competitive analysis, internal and external data, and customer insights to develop informed opinions on product packaging, pricing, and demand, and advocate internally to achieve desirable business outcomes.
- Work with Product and Engineering to distill platform functionality, capabilities, and key benefits to better shape opportunities, roadmap, product information, and success metrics for core audiences (internal and external). Measure and report on these metrics to inform direction of new product development and ensure product-market fit.
- Work with Marketing and cross-functional GTM teams to define Opal’s positioning, messaging, customer segments, and differentiators. Collaborate on the development of audience-specific content and tools (e.g., customer use cases, whitepapers, product videos, website content, webinars, presentations) to hone value propositions and increase customer awareness, adoption, and usage of Opal capabilities.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams on the development of product enablement training and full-funnel demand generation content.
- Serve in a consultative role to customers to identify challenges, opportunities, and trends. Supply this information to internal stakeholders to shape solutions that address product gaps and keep Opal at the forefront of marketing technology innovation.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 8+ years product marketing experience with SaaS or enterprise software products
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape, SaaS/enterprise software, and evolving technologies
- Ability to create compelling and differentiated product positioning, messaging, and sophisticated content geared toward buyers and customers
- Demonstrated experience achieving high levels of customer or industry growth for SaaS software products
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and successful projects, with well-defined results that connect directly to business objectives
- Ability to move between high level strategic thinking and detailed execution, managing priorities and staying organized throughout
- Strong track record of building and leading highly functional teams
- Experience talking with customers, and a knack for understanding what makes them tick
- Strong writing and editing acumen, with the ability to translate, distill, and simplify technical details into meaningful insights
- Ability to stay level-headed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Experience leading product marketing efforts within a growth stage (or startup) technology company
- Experience with a hybrid SaaS + Enterprise Software product model
- Experience in marketing software, B2B, or ‘marketing to marketers’
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for a Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.