Product Marketing Manager
At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to orchestrate campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
About the Job
Opal is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to build and drive our product marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a Product Marketing professional with experience supporting and executing a successful SaaS / enterprise technology product marketing strategy and delivering on the success metrics, measurement methods, and reporting processes associated with strategic initiatives. This role works closely with the Product Management team.
We understand that it takes more than a piece of software to support our customer's ever-increasing investment in marketing - it takes an experience. That is why Opal focuses on creating an intuitive product that speaks directly to the needs expressed by Opal’s customer base. Our Product Team maintains a product roadmap that balances customer voice, market understanding, and innovation to delight the end user. Opal’s omni-channel platform is changing the way marketing interacts with technology.
- Partner with Product Management, leadership and go-to-market (GTM) teams to define Opal’s positioning, customer segments and differentiators.
Identification and Customer Engagement
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Education, Sales, and Marketing on the development of audience-specific content and tools (e.g., customer use cases, whitepapers, product videos, website content, webinars, presentations).
- Hone value propositions and increase customer awareness, adoption, and usage of Opal capabilities.
- Contribute to improving Product Marketing practices around teams, process, and toolsets for Opal.
- Collaborate with Product Management in representing the business needs, outcome and success criteria of the project.
Communications and Enablement
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams on the development of product enablement training and full-funnel demand generation content.
- Work with Product Management to distill platform functionality, capabilities, and key benefits to better shape opportunities, product information, and success metrics for core audiences (internal and external).
Research and Analytics
- Collect and leverage market research, competitive analysis, internal and external data, and customer insights to develop informed opinions on product packaging, pricing, and demand, and advocate internally to achieve desirable business outcomes.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 2+ product marketing experience with SaaS or enterprise software products combined with an undergraduate degree; or an advanced degree without experience, or equivalent years of directly related work experience.
- Good understanding of the digital marketing landscape and SaaS/enterprise software
- Ability to create compelling and differentiated product positioning, messaging, and sophisticated content geared toward buyers and customers
- Demonstrated experience achieving customer or industry growth for SaaS software products
- Ability to manage priorities and staying organized throughout with detailed execution
- Experience talking with users, and a knack for understanding what makes them tick
- Strong writing and editing acumen, with the ability to translate, distill, and simplify technical details into meaningful insights
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Experience with a hybrid SaaS + Enterprise Software product model
- Experience in marketing software, B2B, or ‘marketing to marketers’
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, Commuter
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A beautiful office space with plenty of snacks, Stumptown coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.